If you are an administrator of a system or web server, you must know how to install multiple PHP versions in Plesk. It is very necessary for you to be familiar with the processes of installing and utilising several versions of PHP on a single server. When you have many PHP apps running on your server and each application is compatible with a different version of PHP, you will find this to be a very helpful feature.
This article will walk you through the procedures of installing several PHP versions on your Plesk server. Instead of having a single version of PHP installed on each server, you may now install numerous versions and assign distinct versions to each domain.
What is PHP?
PHP is a web development scripting language. PHP is used by more than three-fourths of all websites.
WordPress is a content management system that runs on PHP. Processing the PHP code eventually results in the rendering of your WordPress page or post. PHP code can be found in your WordPress core system files, themes, and plugins.
A programme on your web server interprets and executes PHP code. When we talk about PHP versions, we’re referring to the version of PHP that your web server is running.
Reasons to Upgrade PHP Versions Include
- Better Site Speed. Outdated PHP versions might cause a site to load slowly. Newer PHP versions will make your site run faster.
- Optimized Security. If you’re running an out-of-date PHP version, you’re exposing your site to serious security risks. It’s the same as leaving your front door unlocked while on vacation and hope no one steals your belongings.
- New Features. New PHP versions contain improved functionality, like those introduced in PHP version 8.0, which your plugin and theme authors will most likely wish to utilise.
Steps to Install Multiple PHP Versions in Plesk
1. First of all we need to login into the Plesk panel.
2. Now click on the tools & settings. After that click on the updates in the Plesk section.
3. Now click on Add/Remove Components.
4. Now extend the PHP interpreter versions option in the Web hosting section, here we can choose php versions.
To install multiple PHP versions in Plesk, you can follow these steps. We know many users get stuck while performing various tasks related to servers. That’s why we have drafted a slew of blogs on different topics which will guide through these processes. You can read them by clicking here.
FAQs About PHP Versions in Plesk
What is the most used PHP version?
PHP version 5 is utilised by 17.7% of all websites that employ a server-side programming language that we are aware of.
How to Host PHP on Plesk?
To install PHP, launch the Plesk Installer by going to Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades. Expand the Web hosting area, followed by the PHP interpreter versions section, by clicking Add/Remove Components.
Does Plesk Support PHP?
Plesk comes standard with support for numerous PHP versions and handler types.